Tuesday 3 March 2015

Beat The Bulge | Month #1 Update


Hey my lovelies, hope you're well and having a good day. Today I'm going to update you on my diet, how much weight I've lost, what I've been eating and my exercise. Maybe what I've been doing could help you out and give you tips into losing weight.

 I've put on a fair amount of weight in the last 15 months, making me the biggest I've ever been and I hate myself for it, I'm uncomfortable and my insecurities over it stops me from doing stuff like going out to socialize and clothes shopping with friends. In fact I haven't really bought new clothes since last May, I mean I've bought some bits like leggings, flowy tops and jumpers.. all that will hide my figure and are comfortable. I have a boyfriend and I know he loves me just the way I am, he is always telling me because he know how uncomfortable a feel, that is something that makes me happy having my boyfriend support me and love me no matter what. I want to lose 5-6 stone and I'll be happy, I have my nieces Christening in June and I'm going to be her Godmother so I want to lose weight so I feel comfortable to be in front of a church full of family and friends. Don't worry I don't to have lost all 6 stone by June because that is unrealistic 3 or 4 stone will be perfectly fine as it would be just over 4 months of dieting by then.

So my first week of dieting which was Monday 26th January - Sunday 1st February and I lost 3lbs, then the next week Monday 2nd February - Sunday 8th Feb I lost 4lbs making it up to half a stone lost in 2 weeks, I was absolutely over the moon considering I wasn't very confident that I'd lose that much in a short time and that I didn't think I'd get on with dieting at all as this is my first strict and serious diet I've ever been on. My third week Monday 9th February - Sunday 15th February I lost 3lbs again and the my final week of the month Monday 16th February - Sunday 22nd February I failed to weigh myself because I chickened out as my diet wasn't as good as the previous 3 weeks due to something happening and that caused me to be out of routine but the following Thursday 27th February I braved it by getting on the scales and discover I'd made it to losing 1 STONE in 1 MONTH! So I'd lost 4 lbs for my last week and I am so happy and proud of myself.

What is my daily calorie amount and what have I been eating you ask? Well I've been eating around 1,500 - 1,200 calories, I haven't been strictly counting my calories only a rough guesstimate as my diet is healthy and balanced. So for breakfast I've been eating is Oats So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge with semi-skimmed milk. Lunch time I've been having either a bagel with low fat Philidelphia soft cheese salmon or tuna on top or my yummy salad I always make when I want salad. Dinner I have either chicken breasts or cod with peppers, mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn(or another side of vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and carrots) and rice or sweet potato fries (baked in the oven of course) ;) And as for snacks I like a couple rice crackers with philidelphia soft cheese, a Salt And Vinegar Rice Cake, a bag of Snack A Jacks Salt and Vinegar, Go Ahead Yoghurt Break Bars or any fruit I have indoors. Don't worry I don't have all these snacks in one day it's usually just 1 or 2 in between lunch and dinner. For drinks I've got a watch bottle that's 750ml and I usually drink 2 of those throughout the day, I also like to have a glass or 2 of Coconut milk and a couple times in the week a Naked Green Machine Smoothie. Yes it's green but it doesn't taste as horrible as it looks, I think it tastes like a mango and passion fruit flavor, oh so delicious.

I know my diet may seem boring and very unappetizing to some people and I didn't think I would like it or even survive on it but I've honestly been enjoying it very much. And I definetly am feeling the effects of much healthier food, after I've lost all my weight that I wanted to lose I want to carry on with the healthy eating but adapt it so I won't lose or gain weight and stay the same.

As for exercise I've been going to a local gym and going on the treadmill, rower machine, upright bicycle, recumbent bicycle, cross trainer, and some weight machines I have not clue what are called. I usually do 10-15 minutes on each, my favorites are the cross trainer as that is a good workout that gets my sweating like no other and burns a lot of calories, the rower and the upright bike. I think those 3 are the most effective for me and make me sweat the most.

I hope you enjoyed this post and that it gave to some help and tips. If you have any questions at all about my diet and exercise then feel free to leave a comment below or any of my social medias (links at the bottom of this post) I'm obviously no professional dietitian but I'll try to help you as much as I can.

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-56593726-1