Tuesday 24 March 2015

My Hair Care Routine


Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world. Today's post is about my hair and what I use and do to care for my hair. (The cover picture is my hair in it's natural air dried texture. Wavy straight, I always leave it like this I like it. I also think my hair looks dry in these photo's but I can assure you my hair is not dry, I think it's the blonde highlights as there are lots of them but they're little.)

First off I'll start with the products I use, from when I wash my hair to when it's wet and dry. I switch my shampoos and conditioners probably every few months. And usually I'll alternate between 2 shampoos and conditioners at any one time so currently I use is the John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full For Color-Treated Hair Shampoo and Conditioner most of the time and when I feel like my hair and scalp needs a good cleanse I use the Aussie Mega Shampoo and the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Conditioner. For a deep conditioner which I pretty much use every time I wash my hair is the John Frieda Full Repair Deep Conditioner. I try to wash my hair only 2 times a week as the natural oils are good for keeping your hair healthier and hydrated. You may think that's gross but once your hair is trained this way it won't get that much greasy and will last longer. Usually I will use the Floral Batiste Dry Shampoo after the second day from washing my hair to help soak up any oils my scalp it producing.


After I get out of the bath from washing my hair I let it air dry for half hour and then I will use the Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Spray on the bottom half of my hair to help de-tangle it as my hair is quite long and is a nightmare to brush without using it. Then I use the John Frieda Full Repair Repairing Oil Elixir on the bottom half of my hair to tame fly away's and give my ends so hydration.


When I feel like my hair needs some TLC and a pick-me-up I will melt some coconut oil in the palms of my hands and smother my scalp and hair top-to-bottom in it and leave it in for as long as I can, the shortest time being half hour. I try to do this weekly and it does my hair wonders, coconut oil is a miracle oil and can be bought in many Supermarkets, drugstores and health stores. I have a whole Blog post on coconut oil that will be posted soon.


As for styling my hair I rarely ever use heat, I like my natural hair and don't find it necessary to use heat all the time. I let my hair air dry, even if I'm in a rush for work or something like that. I will use heat if I'm going on a night out to the pubs/clubs/parties or occasions like Wedding's/Christening's/Birthday Parties etc. In those cases I will always wash my hair on the day and try to get it to air dry, then I'll use my Gold GHD straighteners to either curl or straighten my hair.

So that's everything I do to care and style my hair, I hope you liked this post.. even though I don't do nothing exciting to my hair as I like to be as natural and good to my hair as possible so it would grow healthy and long. If you'd like me to make a post on hair care tips for long, healthy, strong hair then leave comments below or on my social media. And the same if you'd like me to do certain hair style tutorials, or ones I typically do to my hair. Thank you.

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-56593726-1