Thursday 20 October 2016

10 Things I Love About Autumn

Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world.

These past couple of weeks have definetly felt very auntumnal, as I mentioned in my Autumn Tag post, I love Autumn it's my favourite season. I saw a couple posts on my feed of people saying their favourite things about Autumn so i thought I'd do it as there are a lot of things I love about this season.



1. Hot beverages, most importantly COFFEE!!!

Now I'm not much of a hot drink lover, it's either too hot to drink so I leave it to cool a bit then all of a sudden it's basically cold and yucky. But love COFFEE, whether it's hot or cold it still tastes good whatever temperature it is. During the colder months is when I tend drink coffee the most so it makes me feel very autumnal.


2. Hot wholesome homemade dinners
.

During the summer time it gets too hot to want to slave away at the cooker while melting, so dinners tend to be lighter and easier.. or it's so nice outside you have BBQ's a lot. So when Autumn comes around and it gets cooler, that's when wholesome yummy homemade dinners are getting cooked again such as stews, soups, spaghetti bolognese, the ever so British roast dinners etc.

3. Candles.

I'm not totally obsessed with candles, I don't always have a candle lit when I'm home but when it' turns Autumn I have to have a candle burning to warm the room, make it look cosy and the Autumn scented candles smell so good I want to eat them.

4. Cosy nights in, wrapped up and binge watching Netflix.

Need I elaborate? I'm such a homebody, and it irritates me in the summertime when it's too hot and bright outside so you can't snuggle up indoors and watch re-runs of classic TV Programs, or movies. At the moment I'm watching Gossip Girl, I still haven't watch all seasons. I remember I got to the end of season 2 I think it was a couple years ago then stopped watching it and lately I've got back into it and started straight from the start, so right now I'm OBSESSED!

5. Reading books feels so much better.

If you don't like watching much TV then curling up in bed all snuggled with a book to read when it's dark out feels so much better, Autumn and Winter is when I read more books as those are the times where your indoors more and have more time to be able to read a book. I love reading but during the summer I don't read too much or at all if I'm honest and I've got a shelf full of books I've bought over the last months and I can't wait to read them all. I'm doing a post on the 5 books I want to read this Autumn so stay tuned for that if you like reading and need new books to read.

6. Oversized Jumpers, leggings and boots.

 I love wearing a comfy pair of leggings with a nice oversized cosy jumper and some boots. it's such an effortless style but it always looks good.

7. Darker make-up!

Make-up looks get so much more exciting, all the smokey eyes with shades or reds, browns, blacks, gold and the bold lip shades of berry, burgundy, purples, browns. Autumn shades are so fun to play around with for make-up looks. I love a smokey-ish eye with a bold dark lip, it just feels more glamorous.


8. The crisp weather and the beautiful changing colours.

I am so thankful for the cooler and fresher weather, I can't stand the humid heat of summer, I feel like I'm suffocating. I love when it's cold outside, you can wrap up all snug, going for walks feel so much better as with the changing colours of leaves falling off the tree's, all shades of orange, red and brown, everywhere lookimg so pretty and photogenic on the ground. How could you not want to go for a brisk cool walk to see all that.


9. More pamper bubble bath evenings.

During the Autumn and Winter months taking bubble baths feel so much more luxurious and relaxing, where it's cold and dark outside and you want to be nice, warm and cosy. You have a couple candles burning in the bathroom, the lights off, you've got a hair and a face mask doing both their magic and your either reading blogs, watching Netflix or Youtube or reading a book. A pamper session in the bath can't get better than that.

10. Lead up to Halloween.

You can't leave Halloween out! All month throughout October everyone is getting ready for Halloween, all the horror movies are being shown on TV, the yummy sweet treats and all the costumes in the shops. How can you not love Halloween? I love the lead up, getting all spooked from all the horror movies and scary costumes, it's the best!

I hope you liked this post, as much as liked writing it. What do you love about Autumn? Leave me a comment on your favourite things about Autumn? Or even things you don't quite like. Thank You. MWAH.


 photo signature.png

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these, especially the homemade dinners and cozy Netflix marathons!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Dinners in the colder months are so much yummier and hearty. I have Netflix marathons all year round but they're so much better when the nights get cooler and darker :)

    Lauren Xo

    ReplyDelete

UA-56593726-1