Thursday 27 October 2016

NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick Review

Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world.

Today I am reviewing the NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks. Matte liquid lips are all the rage right now and have been all year all because of Kylie Jenner and her highly popular lip kits. Which is why I wanted to try these out, I didn't want to spend £23.32 per lip kit and £12.02 for shipping plus most probably at least £15 customs, I just don't see the lip kits worth all that extra money so I was so happy when NYX released these.



There are 12 shades in the collection, but at the moment I only have 3 which are Lace Detail, Embellishment and Push up. Lace Detail is a nude shade, more on the peach side, I don't think this one suits me though. Embellishment is a dusty grey toned purple shade which is my favourite one, I think it's so unique. The last out of the 3 is Push Up and again this is a nude but more of a beige tone. It's a your lips but better shade which I love.


The price per liquid lipstick is £6.50 which is very affordable as NYX is a good affordable Drugstore brand. The coverage and colour pay off is very good, I don't find them patchy or uneven. The feel of them on your lips feels tacky and tends to stay like that even when it drys and goes matte which could be a turn off for some people but it doesn't bother me that much, some times I put translucent powder over top to take away the tacky feeling. They don't transfer and I find them nicely long wearing, they do start to wear off when eating greasy and messy foods such as burgers but when drinking I find it lasts nicely. The doe foot applicator is very stiff, so it's tricky when applying product around edges of the lip, I would recommend you use a lip liner of a similar colour before using the liquid lipstick. I'm going to mention the smell as some people do like to know if lip products have a scent as obviously your lips are under your nose and you do pick up the scents which this smells like plastic but only while applying, after that there is no scent.

I am hoping to expand my collection to all of the 12 shades eventually as I do really like these liquid lipsticks and recommend them very much! Below I have 2 pictures for each 1 of the 3 shades I have on my lips for you to see.


I hope you enjoyed this post and that it maybe helped you out whether you had your eye on these but wanted to know what others think of them before buying. Feel free to leave a comment with any questions you may have or contact me on any of my social media linked below as always. Thank you. MWAH!


 photo signature.png

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Where did you buy them? I'm wondering if these are replicas or genuine ones since there's no heart icon under the Nyx logo

    ReplyDelete

UA-56593726-1