Tuesday 22 November 2016

My Current Hair Care Routine

Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good day wherever you are in the world.

Today's post I finally have my updated hair care routine, that I mentioned I'd be doing in my Salon International Haul as soon as I've tested the products well and long enough to know if I like them.


My last hair care routine post was in March 2015, so that was 20 months ago, and I've changed out my products a couple times since then, but not all the products. Now I have all new products, I've finally swapped out the products I've used forever for all new, which I am loving!

I'm starting with Shampoo and Conditioner, I always like to use 2 different shampoo's and conditioners, that cater to different needs for my hair. My main shampoo and conditioner I use are the Osmo Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner. Now my hair is thin and fine, but I have lots of hair if that makes sense, it's not thick by all means so it's a little flat and these products give it that oomph it needs and I'm loving it. The second Shampoo I use is the Lee Stafford Beach Blondes Shampoo, it tones the brassy and yellow tones to make them more blonde and silver, the product looks scary as it's bright purple. I usually wash my hair with the Osmo shampoo first, rinse then use this toning shampoo after as I like to leave it in my hair for 3-5 minutes I see such a massive difference when I leave it. A couple weeks back I left it in my hair for 10 minutes and when my hair was all dry the blonde highlights had a purple tint to it, so it's strong stuff and I love it. The second Conditioner I use is a deep conditioner/mask and it's the Osmo Intensive Deep Repair Mask, when I use this my hair honestly feels like new hair, it's all so smooth and nourished and really makes a difference to my hair. I haven't used a deep conditioner/mask for a few months so my hair is really enjoying this product.


That's all the products for washing my hair, now for the products I use after. After my hair has air dried for a little while I then use Osmo Effects Wonder 10 Leave-In Treatment and this makes my hair so much more manageable when it comes to brushing my hair, especially that first brush after my hair is washed, my hair is a nightmare but this product helps my brush glide through. After the leave-in treatment, I then like to go in with the Moroccan Oil Treatment to nourish my ends and make my hair looks shiny and healthy, even though my hair is in great condition for being bleached. I like to take care of my hair. I also have the Moroccan Oil Blow-Dry Concentrate, this is a new product and I haven't used it yet as I rarely ever blow-dry my hair or use heat on my hair so I have yet to try this. Maybe I could do a review when I do if you're interested let me know in the comments below.


That's all the products I use when washing and to care for my hair after washing, the last product is a heat protection for when I do use heat and the one I use at the moment is the GHD Heat Protect Spray and that is every product. I don't use anything else when I style my hair even hairspray, my hair doesn't need it and I hate the feel of hair with hairspray. 

My hair is my baby, I use minimal heat on my hair such as only occasions and events is when I'd use them which I'm a homebody so that's not a lot haha. I also only wash my hair once a week! Yes one day a week, and that's always a Saturday. Everyone gasps when I tell them that, it's not dirty, my hair never smells or looks extremely dirty and it doesn't get greasy that much as my hair is trained now to go that long. At first, when I tried to space out my hair washes my hair did look very greasy but after a while, my hair got used to it. And besides I work in a kitchen and with children so my hair has to be up during the weekdays no matter what so that helps with going so long between washes. I must mention the brush I use as that too is new and I'm in love with it, it glides through my hair and makes it feel so soft and smooth and that is the Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra Brush, I definitely recommend for people with knotty, long, thick and unmanageable hair.

Phew well done if you got through all that post, it was longer than I anticipated but I wanted to make sure I included everything. I hoped you like it, and hopefully, you found some products you'd like to try! I couldn't recommend them all to you enough! Let me know in the comments below or on my social medias links below if you tried any of the products mentions. Thank You. MWAH!


 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-56593726-1